Home Fire Sprinkler Week is Going Virtual
Home Fire Sprinkler Week: May 17-23, 2020
Help us fill the digital world with life safety messages
As the world continues to deal with the ongoing demands of COVID-19, NFPA and the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC) have cancelled live events that week in favor of a North America wide virtual effort to show the value of home fire sprinklers from May 17-23.
To simplify this transition to virtual, we created digital resources designed to educate and inspire through your website traffic and social media. This is an opportunity to educate with appropriate social distance. Across the U.S. and Canada, the fire service will bring together their digital voices and safely spread the word about the life saving benefits of home fire sprinklers.
Below is the social media calendar:
List of potential activities
Take part in one or more of these events. We advise checking with your state or provincial fire sprinkler coalition first to coordinate any events with them.
- Follow our 2020 Home Fire Sprinkler Week social media calendar
- Join us on Facebook Live on Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Spearhead a social media campaign demanding local legislators and decision makers address local fire problem/support sprinklers
- Advocate for a "Home Fire Sprinkler Day" proclamation in your town
- Write letters to the editor or op-eds underscoring your local fire problem and fire sprinkler laws or lack thereof