- You, and/or your governmental agency, may use the NFPA Marks in accordance with these terms and conditions and any and all NFPA guidelines issued from time to time solely for the following purposes: (A) Encouraging participation in Firewise USA® educational outreach activities; (B) Highlighting and recognizing community efforts to become or to remain a recognized as a Firewise USA® location; and (C) To print on free promotional items in connection with the activities described above. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you are expressly prohibited from using the NFPA Marks for commercial advertisements, on fire apparatus or equipment of any kind, or in connection with any promotion, sale or distribution of any commercial product or commercial service.To the extent that NFPA determines, in its sole discretion, that you have materially failed to comply with these terms, NFPA reserves the right to require you to cease use of the NFPA Marks.
- You agree that you will only use the NFPA Marks in the United States and you will not assert ownership rights in the NFPA Marks, or in any confusingly similar marks.
- You agree to use the NFPA Marks as they are provided and not rearrange or change any elements.
- You agree to use the name Firewise USA® with regard to the formal Firewise USA® Recognition Program and to describe the Program or activities undertaken to achieve or maintain recognition under the Firewise USA® Program.General wildfire risk reduction efforts should not be described as Firewise USA® activities, nor should the words Firewise USA® be used to describe general wildfire risk reduction concepts or tools.
- The failure of NFPA to enforce any provision hereof shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce it at a later time.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: NFPA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER SPECIAL INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR COMPENSATORY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN CONNECTION WITH (A) THE USE OF THE NFPA MARKS OR THE TERM “FIREWISE®”; AND/OR (B) ANY ACTIVITY IN THE COURSE OF TRYING TO BECOME A FIREWISE USA® SITE OR MAINTAIN SUCH RECOGNITION. SOME STATES RESTRICT WARRANTY AND REMEDY EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS, AND, TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH RESTRICTIONS, THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, NFPA’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.