Request for proposals
The Foundation periodically issues requests for proposals for the conduct of research. To automatically receive notification of these requests, please e-mail Eric Peterson.
Research planning groups
Research planning resources
The Fire Protection Research Foundation is committed to learning about the current strategic issues that are likely to affect future fire safety, and provide research to help address those issues. Below are the current priorities and actionable strategies that the Foundation is focusing on.
Current Research Priorities for the FPRF
- Data Collection and Data Analytics to Inform Policy
- Hazards of New Materials and Systems
- Strategies for Community Resilience
- Increase Effectiveness and Reliability of Safety Systems
- Reduce Residential Fire Losses
- Fire Fighting Safety & Effectiveness
FPRF Actionable Strategies
- Leverage Strengths. Provide sustainable support for the guiding principles of FPRF.
- Address Emerging Topics. Address emerging topics with relevant and impactful deliverables.
- Focus on All Hazards. Consider an all-hazards approach in support of safety.
- Expand Global Influence. Create a global influence and presence.
- Provide Information and Knowledge Focus. Facilitating research in support of information and knowledge.
- Enhance Communication. Optimize communication and outreach impact.